Darran Mountains Rock Trip
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Wanaka
- Product code: PZASNR
Rising above Milford sound and the Hollyford River the Darran Mountains boast the best quality rock in New Zealand.
This area is a classic New Zealand Alpine rock climbing destination. Home to routes such as "The Labyrinth", "lucky strike" and "The Bowen Allen corner". As well as world class alpine rock climbs the Darrans also has some of the best sport climbing the country has to offer.
Itinerary for the Darran Mountains Alpine Rock Trip:
1. Day One:
· Guests meet their guide at the Wanaka Rock Climbing office.
· Drive to NZAC Homer hut.
· Climb a 7 pitch route on the Shotwell slabs.
2. Day Two:
· Hike to the Homer Saddle and traverse to the base of Moirs Mate
· Climb one of the Classics like "lucky strike" or "The Bowen Allen corner"
3. Day Three:
· Complete the Macpherson-Talbot traverse, A fun day of scrambling, snow travel and epic alpine views.
· Drive back to Wanaka.
4. Optional 4th day:
· This day generally includes a day of Sport climbing at the “Chasm” or “Babylon” but can also be adjusted to fit in another day of alpine rock climbing on Moirs Mate or the North face of Barrier Knob.
What is Included in the price.
· All rock climbing equipment
· All food (Vegetarian, Gluten free and Vegan options available)
· Accommodation cost at NZAC Homer Hut
· Any Equipment needed for Bivying